I’ve been called many things over the past 28 years. Spontaneous is rarely one of them. To the dismay of my partner-in-crime, I may
or may not annoy him when I ask these type of questions:
- What time exactly is dinner next Sunday?
- What is the plan 3 weeks from Thursday?
- How long until we know what we’re doing this weekend?
- Are we having XX over before we head to the game in two weeks?
- What time are we expected at your parents next month?
So when we we’re told on Tuesday that we could fly standby on Saturday morning to Florida to visit Dean’s parents for a few days, I threw my ‘must-plan-everything’ gene out the window and said HELL YES!
Mind you, the negative 20 windchill may have helped me turn up the spontaneity but this is not normal behavior for me. Normally, I would have already been packed, been eating extra healthy, working out harder and saving some money to head on vacation.
Since I have a week off of work, we’re going to spend (hopefully) three days straight with our toes in the water and asses in the sand!
So are you a planner or do you like to fly by the seat of your pants every once in awhile?